Last revised on 11 November, 2011
Godmother.co.uk is a free, upscale, private, online dating site designed to promote Peer-Commoner matches and operated by Godmother Empire and its affiliates (collectively "Godmother").
Privacy Pledge to Peers
At the time you accept the account being created for you and offered to you, you will have the option of indicating whether or not your participation on the site is to be disclosed. This setting may thereafter be modified in your account settings. Prior to your logging in for the first time, the default setting will be not to disclose your participation.
Your information on an individual, non-aggregate basis shall not be released to third parties other than as described in this agreement. It shall not be released to members of the media. It shall not be used by Godmother for the purpose of publicizing your individual membership or details/evidence of a relationship as a marketing tool. Your membership and/or consent to disclose your participation in the Website shall not be construed as authorizing exclusive interviews, book or film/TV rights, nor does it authorize audio or video recordings of instances of contact that occur outside of our Website but resulted from introduction to another person on our Website.
. Similarly, if you have linked your Godmother account with FaceBook, Twitter, or another provider that discloses your identity, i.e. using a "like" button, such information may be publicly viewable and would not be considered to be private.
This pledge does not prevent you and/or your partner from recommending Godmother or referring others to the site. It also does not prevent you and/or your partner from disclosing information regarding how you met or sharing correspondence, photos, and other personal information with outside parties. Upon reviewing evidence that one or both of you have revealed such information, however, Godmother will no longer be bound to maintain its confidentiality regarding such personal information to any parties and may use it the way it would other public content.
Information we collect about you
In General. We may collect personal information that can identify you such as your name and email address and other information that does not identify you. When you provide personal information through our website, the information may be sent to servers located in the United States and other countries around the world.
- Information you provide. We may collect and store any personal information you enter on our website or provide to us in some other manner. This includes identifying information, such as your name, address, email address, and telephone number, and, if you transact business with us, financial information such as your payment method (valid credit card number, type, expiration date or other financial information). We also request information about your interests and activities, your gender and age, and other demographic information, including but not limited to your hometown or your username.
- Information from other sources. We may periodically obtain both personal and non-personal information about you from other parties and add it to our account information or other information we have collected. Such sources are subject to change but may include cookies, domain hosts and servers, Google Analytics, and similar sources.
- Information about others. We may collect and store personal information about other people that you provide to us or invite to the site, such as their name, address, and email address. If you use our website to send others (friends, relatives, colleagues, etc.) a product as a gift, we may store your personal information, and the personal information of each such recipient in order to process those requests or facilitate future activities.
- Information collected automatically. We automatically collect information from your browser when you visit our website. This information includes your IP address, your browser type and language, access times, the content of any undeleted cookies that your browser previously accepted from us (see "Cookies" below), and the referring website address.
- Cookies and Use of Cookie Data. When you visit our website, we may assign your computer one or more cookies to facilitate access to our site and to personalize your online experience. Through the use of a cookie, we also may automatically collect information about your online activity on our site, such as the web pages you visit, the time and date of your visits, the links you click, and the searches you conduct on our site. During your visits to other websites where we advertise, we (or third parties) may use certain data collected on our site to show you the type of Godmother advertisements likely to be of greater interest to you. You may not opt out of receiving online advertisements generally or the collection of data on our site used for targeted Godmother advertising during your visits to other websites. Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies. If you choose to decline or block cookies, please note that you may not be able to sign in or use some of the interactive features offered on our website, and we are not responsible for such decisions on your part.
- Information collected by third-parties. We may allow third-parties to display advertisements on our site. These companies may use tracking technologies, such as cookies, to collect information about users who view or interact with their advertisements. Our website does not provide any personal information to these third parties. This information allows them to deliver targeted advertisements and gauge their effectiveness.
How we use the information we collect
We may use information that we collect about you to:
- deliver the products and services that you have requested;
- manage your account and provide you with customer support;
- perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, our products, services, or content, or products, services or content offered by others;
- communicate with you by email, postal mail, telephone and/or mobile devices about products or services that may be of interest to you from Godmother or other third parties;
- develop and display content and advertising tailored to your interests on our site and other sites;
- verify your eligibility and deliver prizes in connection with contests and sweepstakes;
- enforce or exercise any rights in our terms and conditions;
- manage our business;
- provide Godmother advertisements to you when you visit other sites; and
- perform functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
Financial information. We may use financial information or payment method to process payment for any purchases made on our website, enroll you in the discount, rebate, and other programs in which you elect to participate, to protect against or identify possible fraudulent transactions, and otherwise as needed to manage our business.
Job applicants. If your personal information is submitted through our website when applying for a position with our company, the information will be used solely in connection with considering and acting upon your application. We may retain your personal information for a period of time, but only for the purpose of considering your application for current or future available positions. This information, which may include your name and contact information, prior education and experience, and other information you provided to us, may be used for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for the particular position or other available positions and may be shared with third-party service providers retained by us to collect, maintain, and analyze candidate submissions for job postings.
With whom we share your information
Personal information. We do not share your personal information with others except as indicated below or when we inform you and give you an opportunity to opt out of having your personal information shared. When feasible, we ask the parties indicated below to execute confidentiality agreements. We may share personal information with:
- Service providers: We may share your personal information, which may include your name and contact information (including email address) with third parties that perform certain services on our behalf. These services may include fulfilling orders, providing customer service and marketing assistance, performing business and sales analysis, member screenings, supporting our website functionality, and supporting contests, sweepstakes, surveys and other features offered through our website. We may also share your name, contact information and credit card information with our authorized service providers who process credit card payments. These service providers may have access to personal information needed to perform their functions but are not permitted to share or use such information for any other purposes.
- Business partners: When you make purchases on our website or click-through our advertisements offered on third party websites, we may share personal information with the businesses with which we partner to offer you the applicable products, services or advertisements. When you elect to engage in a particular merchant's offer or program, you authorize us to provide your email address and other information to that merchant.
- Other Situations. We also may disclose your information, including personal information:
- In response to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order, or a request for cooperation from a law enforcement or other government agency; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases, we may raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
- When we believe disclosure is appropriate in connection with efforts to investigate, prevent, or take other action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud or other wrongdoing; to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, our employees, or others; to comply with applicable law or cooperate with law enforcement; or to enforce our website terms and conditions or other agreements or policies.
- In connection with a business valuation, audit, annual report, tax filing, or financial statement or other financial report preparation.
- In connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of our business, a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
Aggregated and non-personal information. We may share non-personal information we collect under any of the above circumstances and via Godmother surveys and polls. We may also share it with third parties to develop and deliver targeted advertising on our website and on websites of third parties, and to analyze and report on advertising you see. We may combine non-personal information we collect with additional non-personal information collected from other sources. We also may share aggregated, non-personal information with third parties, including advisors, advertisers and investors, for the purpose of conducting general business analysis. We may share aggregated information, whether personal or non-personal, obtained via Godmother surveys and polls and publish it on our Website, e.g. aggregated survey or poll results.
How you can access your information
Your choices about collection and use of your information
- You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but that may result in you being unable to use certain features of our website because such information may be required in order for you to register as a member; purchase products or services; participate in a contest, promotion, survey, or sweepstakes; ask a question; or initiate other transactions on our website.
- When you register on our website, you will consent or be given a choice as to whether you want to receive email messages from us about special offers. If given an option, you may modify this consent later by visiting account settings. You may also be given the opportunity, in any commercial email that we send to you, to opt out of receiving such messages in the future. It may take up to 10 days for us to process an opt-out request. We may send you this and/or other types of transactional and relationship email communications, such as service announcements, administrative notices, and surveys, without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them. Please note that changing information in your account, or otherwise opting out of receipt of promotional email communications will only affect future activities or communications from us. If we have already provided your information to a third party (such as a service provider) before you have changed your preferences or updated your information, you may have to change your preferences directly with that third party.
- You can also control information collected by cookies, e.g. declining or deleting cookies.
How we protect your personal information
We take appropriate security measures (including physical, electronic and procedural measures) to help safeguard your personal information from unauthorized access and disclosure. We want you to feel confident using our website to transact business. However, no system can be completely secure. Therefore, although we take steps to secure your information, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information, searches, or other communications will always remain secure. Users should also take care with how they handle and disclose their personal information and should avoid sending personal information through insecure email. Please refer to the Federal Trade Commission's
website for information about how to protect yourself against identity theft.
Information you provide about yourself while using our service
In addition, such postings may appear on other websites or when searches are executed on the subject of your posting, depending upon privacy preferences you specify for Member and non-Member/public views. Also, whenever you voluntarily disclose personal information on publicly-viewable web pages, that information will be publicly available and can be collected and used by others. For example, if you post your email address, you may receive unsolicited messages. We cannot control who reads your posting or what other users may do with the information you voluntarily post, so we encourage you to exercise discretion and caution with respect to your personal information.
Although our website is a general audience site, we restrict the use of our service to individuals age 18 and above. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13.
Visiting our websites from outside the United States
No rights of third parties
How to contact us